Guidelines for Student Absences
Students should not be sent to school with these health problems:
- Fever of 100.0 F or greater without fever reducing medication.
- Repeated vomiting or diarrhea in the past 12 hours.
- Pink Eye: red, itchy eyes with green or yellow discharge but NO allergy symptoms.
- ANY illness when the child is not able function normally in the classroom without pain/discomfort. Such illnesses may include but not limited to: severe sore throat, excessive cough, headache, earache, or stomachache.
- Injuries or surgical procedures that require narcotic medication prior to or during the school day.
Call your child’s physician or the school nurse if there is a question as to whether a student needs medical attention or may attend school with an illness or injury.