Please keep this document as a reference for what to do when your child is absent!
As a district we are focusing on attendance from Kindergarten through 12th grade. We want to be sure you are aware of the procedures.
- If your child is not going to be in attendance please call 271-3268 x3575 by 8:00am.
- A phone call may be made to your house if we do not hear from you.
- If you are planning an educational trip, please complete the appropriate form two weeks prior to the absences. This form is located in the office. Please include the total number of absences your child has on the form. Students who are above 10 absences may not be granted an excused absence.
- A written excuse must be sent in for every absence your child has accumulated. Excused absences are defined as: illness, death of a family member, medical or dental appointments, authorized school activities, prior approved educational travel.
- A student who has accumulated 10 or more absences will be required to submit a doctor’s excuse.
- When a child accumulates three or more unexcused absences, the family may be required to attend a meeting to discuss a truancy elimination program.
- When a child accumulates five unexcused absences, charges may be filed with the district magistrate and a referral made to Children and Youth Services.